Monday, July 21, 2008

Pack Your Bags

As I am packing for the move the Lord has been speaking to me and teaching/reminding me of many life lessons. I am sure I will share as the days go by but the first was a flash back to Main Thing ’96!

The past couple weeks I have been faux packing and then the last 2 or 3 days I have had to really cover some ground. In the midst of it all I decided it was probably time for me to get rid of some of my junk, (I probably gave away 30 t-shirts last week, already this year I have said good-bye to almost 30 pairs of shoes). As I was going through old t-shirts I came across my collection of “Main Thing” camp shirts, it was my seventh grade year and the theme “Pack Your Bags…Jesus is Coming!!!” If I remember correctly, camp was basically asking students if they were for Christ’s return>

One thing I cannot stand is clutter because it takes us space and serves no purpose. That was when the Lord spoke up, “Erin, what is it that is cluttering your life right now, what just takes up space and has no purpose???” I began to ask the Lord to reveal the clutter in my life and to help me have the strength to surrender it over to God. Bottom line is, you can’t take it with you.

0 comments: