Monday, July 14, 2008

Cry in My Heart

I was running this morning, with my ipod and God began speaking to me through Starfield’s song: "Cry In My Heart"

There's a cry in my heart
For Your glory to fall
For Your presence to fill up my senses
There's a yearning again
A thirst for discipline
A hunger for things that are deeper

Could You take me beyond?
Could You carry me through?
If I open my heart?
Could I go there with You?
(For I've been here before
But I know there's still more
Oh, Lord, I need to know You)

For what do I have
If I don't have You, Jesus?
What in this life
Could mean any more?
You are my rock
You are my glory
You are the lifter
Of my head
Lifter of this head

Here’s the deal I usually don’t run with music, I typically listen to podcast but this morning I didn’t feel like thinking. Anyway, as I listened to the lyrics of this song I began to ask myself, what is the cry of my heart? What is it in life that I thirst for? Father where would I be with out you? This journey called life has its ups and downs but Christ’s love is steadfast. After about the fourth time I listened to the song I stopped at a bench and began praying… God I desire those things that are deeper. Man, I do not want to be caught up in the superficial things of this life. Father fill me up so full with your Spirit that when I encounter others they yearn to know what it is that I have, for what do I have with out you Jesus? The desire of my heart is not to know more about God or His Word rather I want to know God in a more intimate way and to allow the scriptures to penetrate who I am.

0 comments: