Monday, July 28, 2008

HOWDY!

A little update on the move:

Mom, Dad and I loaded up and headed out last Wednesday, spent the night in Nashville and then arrived here in Stafford on Thursday. The Gaston's had us all over for dinner Thursday, it was nice to see familiar faces upon the arrival. Friday we just kind of hung out, looked for housing and then took it easy, after two days of driving we were exhausted. Saturday we drove South to Fredericksburg and walked around their little historic (everything around here is historic) downtown area, ate lunch and then continued on to Richmond to drop Dad off at the airport. Really the week had been great up to this point, telling Daddy "good-bye" was torture but it is just part of the deal I guess. Saturday night Mom and I went to Woodbridge and hung out around Potomac Mills we saw Mamma Mia...cute movie! Sunday morning Mom and I went to worship at Mt. Ararat, it was so good to hear Todd Gaston preach (I'm going to enjoy being under his teaching each week). After worship I had to make another trip to Richmond and drop mom off at the airport...another beautiful display of the water works.

Sunday as I was driving back up 95 alone I had some sweet time with the Lord. One of my favorite things is to watch Him display his majesty through lightning and oh my I got to see some great light shows on the road. People in Virginia do not know how to drive especially in the rain, so as we sat in the rain I opened my moon roof and sang at the top of my lungs! I know you can hardly imagine but I had to do something to keep my mind distracted. Last night the students had a Retro Bowling night which was good for me to have a chance to meet and mingle with my new church peeps. After bowling a few of us came back up to the church for a little volleyball action which turned into a soccer game of some sort. All in all it was an eventful few days that left me completely exhausted.

0 comments: