Saturday, July 12, 2008

Countdown continues and excitement builds

There is this little countdown going on right now as I am 11 days away from packing up my life in Texas and heading to Stafford, Virginia. With the move come mixed emotions, best termed as bittersweet, some days more bitter than sweet. Really I am excited and look forward to what the Lord has in store yet there is deep sadness to be leaving family and friends in the great state of Texas. Therefore, I have debated in my little mind whether or not to post the writings of days past because I read back over my reflections I sound emo…and I’m not!

Did you know that having just completed the second week of July the following holidays were recognized?

Music for Life Week- A good friend of mine says that music is life yet they don’t even know the artist or title of most of their music collection. In honor of Music for Life Week I think we will play a little music trivia next road trip!

National Therapeutic Recreation Week- exercise is good for the heart; soul and mind so get off your lazy bum and enjoy some therapeutic rec.
Take Charge of Change Week- That’s right let change know who is boss…evidently I’m not and change is getting the best of me. No one likes change but I hear it is good at times, I guess we will find out in about 11 days.
National Laughter Week- This is one of my favorites; I celebrate laughter through greeting cards. Just yesterday I was spotted in Hallmark (by a window shopper mind you) bent over in laughter. Then sometimes I have these random flash backs to past experiences that cause me to laugh without ceasing at times…SPLASH!

FYI…Today is Eat Your Jell-O Day (and the birthday of comedian Bill Cosby). To be honest I am not a fan of Jell-O unless it is in a little 1-2 ounce cup with a few special ingredients!

That will do for now. How was that for avoiding depth, substance and reality??? None the less I am not emo.

0 comments: