Sunday, August 24, 2008

Back to School

It is that time of year, as summer vacation draws to a close and it is back to reality we go I think back on my many “first days” of school. Tomorrow many moms and dads will drop off their little ones to Kindergarten for the first time and tears will be shed as they try to come to grips with their babies growing up. For some reason the young ones think school is cool and they love the teacher, those elementary students will have a hard time sleeping tonight as they are excited to be back in those tiny desks. Then there are those strange years of middle school…they are special! That awkward stage of life when preteens are trying to figure things out, some are too cool for school and others are wetting their pants scared to death of the new environment of middle school. And of course those crazy high schoolers…enough said! Everyone knows that high school has very little to do with class and everything to do with socializing!!!

I think back to those first day of school pics in front of the fire place and then out in the front yard, we were always so proud of our new clothes and more importantly the new lunch box!!! I remember riding to school with my big brother on my first day of high school…I thought I was so cool, little did I know. I try to erase the middle school from my memory bank, such an awkward stage of life. Even better those first days of college…those were the best four years of my life!!!

There are a lot of first in the next few days and for some lots of last first…last first day of school, last first game of the season, last first pep rally, etc… Back to school, back to school…prove to dad that I’m no fool

0 comments: